Lifestyle

161 lbs to Top Swimwear Model

Natasha Lay Is Australias Most Wanted

Make lifestyle changes says Australian Top Model (Source: Robbie Merritt)
Fashion Model Natasha Lay
(Source: Natasha Lay)
USPA NEWS - "I woke up one morning and made the affirmation to make a change." Said Australian beauty Natasha Lay who went on to say, "My health was poor. I weighed 161lbs. I accepted the person I had become believing I could ever become that fit catwalk model I would dream of every night. Proudly I did."
Get in shape says Top Model
Source: Robbie Merritt
Natasha Lay now 22 is an Australian/ International freelance Model who has worked hard in front of the camera and at the gym usually 45 minutes a day 5 days a week to maintain her perfectly proportioned and toned body. That which is expected of an International Model competing in an industry full of girls on social media sites who don't look like their pictures in real life. Natasha just won the Queensland title for Australian Swimsuit Model of the Year 2016. I asked Lay to tell me a little about her life as a much wanted catalogue and fashion model and was absolutely amazed at the variety of companies constantly emailing her and demanding her for well paid campaigns. "I have had many years of modelling experience and now only work with high profile company´s, brands and magazines, most recent a Television Commercial (TVC) for Jaguar Australia. Jaguar gave me a lead acting role for their new SUV hero series which Australia will soon see on a National Basis.I love working with professional organizations and companies and certainly Jaguar has became one of my career highlights." Lay went on to say , " representing such a high profile company , doing what I love best which is to promote confidence and self expression makes all my hard work and self development as a model worth while."
I felt like an entrant of The Biggest Loser
Source: Natasha Lay
But what of the negatives in Australian Modelling? I asked Lay to explain how the advent of social media and what are referred to as 'camera whores' in Australia ( girls who will do anything for their next free photo-shoot) has impacted on the income of serious models. "Being a part in the industry as a model within the “industry standard“ has become very difficult for those who take it seriously and as a career, ambassador or representative. I believe that the industry especially in Australia is being effected by “tfp“ (Time for trade work). Which effects the quality and authenticity of a product and a company. Standards need to be met and loyalty in particular isn´t being given by many models, photographers, agencies and companies looking for images to sell million dollars of product. There is a fine line between making your passion a 'career' or a 'hobby' . For the models who attended castings, take time to create a strong and diverse portfolio by investing money to buy the right quality images while attending training workshops to meet and oblige by industry standards are being pushed aside by Models constantly doing “tfp“ work and not getting paid or rewarded in products. This has, significantly effecting modelling standards. There should be no guilt in charging people for your time, service or product the same as an accountant, a builder, a lawyer or mechanic. It is important to have an understanding of money, time, value and contribution you have to the job, as well as the money/ revenue you are making for the person." explained Lay.
"After dancing for 16 years and struggling with my weight as a child and low self esteem i was quite the opposite and would have never imaged to have become a model let alone be where i am today, in saying that i am truly grateful and appreciative for my development and progress to be where i am, when i developed a more open mind and learnt to express myself as an individual instead of judging myself and comparing myself to others to greatness and beauty manifested. As my love for myself and confidence blossomed so did my passion for self expression and modeling." Said Lay
Catalogue offers every week
Source: Photo by Zac Smith
How do you value your worth? "I can't express it enough that people value what they pay for, to be respected and taken seriously in this industry you need to have standards and a system that works for you. To me I believe in working for company´s I believe in. It´s important to control your work and the people you work for. Have a real, authentic approach and represent companies that you value and believe in, for each model it´s important to become an advocate and representation of their beliefs, personal style and choices. " said Lay. I asked Lay how she sees her achievements progressing further now she travels all over Australia for work? "To continue my constant progress and development as a model, my next step is to become a brand advocate for the right company, along with continued exposure through print media and more published international work. I love cat walking for international fashion events. To me this is something I love to do I have no better joy then to present myself and express self-love and confidence in my walk, poses and oral presentation. I hope to fulfill my goals over the coming years as a model and then pass forward my knowledge and understanding of the industry to help other like-minded individuals to achieve their goals and ambitions." This amazing woman then went on to say , "In life we need to help one another and grow together - a major part in that is respecting the process. I believe I am a good advocate as a model and public figure for my desire is to create more for myself and others.
"My initial reason to become a model was to be a product of my own business and to create freedom for myself and others. I found the best way to do so is through creativity and self-expression in being photographed, and interviewed. Coming into my 20´s I had a passion and desire to be heard and to speak up against the accustomed way of thinking. I believe we all need to create more for ourselves, find our passion in life and create a life you desire by doing what you love." Such soulful words from an model followed on social media by so many new to the industry.
Made by Erika Photo Shoot
Source: Robbie Merritt
I asked Natasha to tell me about some of recent fashion work? "My most recent work has opened me up to the fashion and bridal departments as a commercial based model, the pay is great and the gowns expensive. I have show-cased designer gowns and dresses for a number of Australian boutiques and International labels, my most recent being the 'Miss Athena´s Closet', with retail shops based in Greece, UK and Turkey, as their brand ambassador and model my face and body is seen all over the world and my mission is to find a brand label with multiple shops in Australia who wants me as their face and brand ambassador." Said Lay who went on to say, " I have also had the pleasure to work as a model for 'Photographic Bridal Workshops', focusing on posing structure and connection with the photographer. Being able to pass forward that knowledge and experience with upcoming models and photographers was a very rewarding experience."
This week Natasha prepares to fly to the opposite side of Australia to work with me as World Fashion Week Nominated Photographer and USPA24 photographer / Journalist on a week filled with catalogue fashion shoots , Tourism WA promotional shots, makeup shoots with Aphrodite Cosmetics all whilst shooting for Gold Coast labels who are keen to advertise Lays latest shoot across the globe.
JVST SAY YES Album Cover
Source: Photo by Alex curson
You may have spotted Lay who has represented many well-known brands such as “V8 Media and Press Release as the Model“ ,Foxtel ,“¨“¨"Miss Athena´s Closet " - online fashion store and “¨“¨"Green TeaX50" - premium health foods/ supplements.“¨ Lay has also appeared in advertising for 'Courounne Hair and beauty' , 'JVST SAY YES' Album Campaign ,'Skin02' Cosmeceutical skin products and “¨“¨ "Wild Orchid Swimwear" . She has also appeared in Various photo-shoots and promotional events as well as campaigns for “¨“¨'ZOOKI Off Hair'““ Salon Face South Australia, 'Australian Sport Nutrition Sponsored Model' .
www.instagram.com/natashalay
Source: Instagram
Judie Lannon, editor, Market Leader once said ," Brand choices are part of the clues that define people in their own eyes and in the eyes of others. Brands are publicly shared aspects of culture. Their power derives from the shared public-ness of their various meanings." If this is true we can understand why this very humble yet professional model Natasha Lay as quietly built her own own client base of loyal customers who lover her as a public representation of their company. Social media plays an important role today so you will find Lay constantly preaching healthy living ,exercise and commitment through her instagram account. Follow her as I have https://www.instagram.com/natashalay such an inspiration to any girls dreaming of modelling but feels she is unhealthy and overweight. Make the change and as Lay said before , "work hard for it." ....Namaste

more information: https://www.robbiemerritt.com

Liability for this article lies with the author, who also holds the copyright. Editorial content from USPA may be quoted on other websites as long as the quote comprises no more than 5% of the entire text, is marked as such and the source is named (via hyperlink).