Lifestyle

$440 MILLION FACE LIFT TO PERTH

BARNETT & SCAFFIDI CUT RIBBON

Elizabeth Quays Perth City Western Australia (Source: Photograph by Robbie Merritt)
Elizabeth Quays Perth City
(Source: Robbie Merritt)
USPA NEWS - Elizabeth Quays was officially opened this week by Premier Colin Barnett and Mayor of Perth Hon Lisa Scaffidi . Planning Minister John Day and Premier Colin Barnett turned the first sod of dirt for this amazing $440 Million project at Esplanade Reserve on 26 April 2012.
Beautiful Photo Opportunities everywhere
Source: Robbie Merritt
Elizabeth Quay is a major Western Australian development project that opened on 29 January 2016 and will continue to develop through till 2018. The project included construction of an artificial inlet which was previously reclaimed land now recovered river on what was previously the Esplanade Reserve. Modifications to the surrounding environs including Barrack Square and the Bells Towers. I spent the evening talking to residents of Perth who told me openly they were so skeptical for years about the project and cost to the taxpayers of Perth but walking the beautiful structure and gardens of the picturesque Elizabeth Quays was a mind changer. .
Thousand lines the magnificent Swan Arch
I spoke earlier this week with Mayor Lisa Scaffidi who said she was very proud of all the projects designed to bring multiculturalism and tourism to our great City and Elizabeth Quays will bring so much focus to Perth. After seeing thousands of tourists snapping away with cameras , Tweeting, Facebooking and Instagram hash tagging I would agree. Reading the #elizabethquays twitter feeds one can only conclude this project will become an 'Iconic' gathering place for many weddings, tourists and locals as well as those just wanting to enjoy the serenity of Elizabeth Quays. Well done City of Perth your images are going viral as I write and Perth again is becoming synonymous as one of the most beautiful and livable Cities in the World. Shannon L. Alder once said , "You will face your greatest opposition when you are closest to your biggest miracle.“ To Hon Mayor Lisa Scaffidi a quote from Ernest Hemingway who once said ,"Courage is grace under pressure.“...Namaste
Elizabeth created for residents and tourists
Perth a photographers creative dream
HDR Photographers will love this view of Perth
Liability for this article lies with the author, who also holds the copyright. Editorial content from USPA may be quoted on other websites as long as the quote comprises no more than 5% of the entire text, is marked as such and the source is named (via hyperlink).